Friday, December 12, 2008

OK, a little obsessed:)




OK, so my parent's washing machine kinda broke last week, so we decided we would go out and buy a washer and dryer. I have been wanting one of these front-loading machines since they came out, but they are quite pricey. We found this set on sale for a great deal through HOme Depot, so we decided to go ahead and get them. Now I posted earlier this week about how I like quality things and am willing to spend the money for good things. This was definately the case! We could have purchased a different brand and type of washer/dryer for a fraction of what these cost, but we know these will last us and are good quality and energy efficient, another plus. So we had them delivered today and I started my first load in them. I litterally knelt next to the washing machine forlike 10 minutes or something just watching it work:) I am a little crazy, I know.


4 comments:

Yo... said...

So weird that they cost so much over here... you only ever find front-loading washers and driers in Europe and Great Britain, unless you're on a US military base...
Heidi

Julia said...

wait... are you telling me I'll actually enjoy doing laundry with one of these? ...on my way to the store...

on another note, thanks for the christmas card! i didn't get around to sending them this year so I didn't want you to think i forgot you. Merry Christmas!!

Cumorah said...

Thanks Julia! No worries about the card thing. We barely got them in the mail, and still have a stack to send:)
But seriously, I love my washer/dryer. But I am funny about things like that! I really like quality machinery. I know, lame, but oh well.

The Barton Family said...

We got one YEARS ago...and we saw a huge drop in our water bill...and our softner/soap lasted twice as long....we LOVE ours!!