Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Funny Story Involving Our Families' Issues:)

So I know that most people have "issues" within their family, whether blood or extended, but over the last 20 years or so I have come to determine most families don't have to deal with the issues of my family. When you think of the word 'mother', you think nurturing and loving and do whatever for you kind of thing. So over the last 30 years or so my mother and her mother(my g-mother) have formed that sort of relationship. They are to the point that they go to each other for everything and talk all the time and depend on each other to lift each other up when they are angry or down. You think, well that is great, good for them. The only problem is, they do this at the expense of everyone else in their family, namely my mother's children. You see, my mother and g-mother like to gossip, and not just about the town's folk, but about their own flesh and blood. Since living with my mother, I have spoken to her a couple of times about this and told her it really isn't the best thing to do. I have even gone so far as to say maybe that is why none of your kids want to come and visit you or offer to pay for a cruise for you or whatever else. My hope in talking with her is that she would discover she is doing no one any favors by being mean, and just hurting herself and relationships.
OK, so that last paragraph was an intro to why I am REALLY blogging tonight:) So we have family in town, which is always good to see. Well last night my family(hubby and kids) went to a Christmas Party we were invited to, and when we came home, the rest of my family(parents, 2 brothers and their families) were just getting home themselves. Well I find out that they had just gone to visit my g-ma, and while there, just out of the blue, my mom starts raggin on me, IN FRONT OF EVERYONE. She starts saying this lie about how I called her all nasty saying I was going to clean up some food she left on the counters. (side note)--My mom tends to bend the truth, even so much as to make it a complete lie.--Well it wasn't true what she was saying, but yes, I did put the food away to make room to fix dinner. Anyway, now this is the good part, when I heard about this, I started taking all her food out of the cupboards and off the shelves to put it back on the counter so she could put it away herself(I know lame, but whatever). There was a pile of oranges she had laying around, so I had put them in a bowl earlier, so I just started dumping them out. CLASSIC, I know:) but I didn't say I was being mature about it.
Anyway, that is the end of my story, but I thought it was a pretty funny one and I wanted to make you all laugh. So if you too have a classic story to tell about the issues in your family, please share them so we can all laugh and know all families have "issues"