Monday, December 15, 2008

My Journal Entry

I must admit, that once I started bloggin, I put my journal away, and apparently for good. I wanted to pull it out the other day to write in it, but I cannot seem to find it anywhere. You see, there are some things thta I think should still be put in a journal, just so the whole world doesn't read it. Anyway, so I am going to post something that I would rather put in my journal simply for my posterity's sake, and not for the world's knowledge, but since I can't find my journal, and since I very strongly need to write this down before it goes out of my head, I will share it here.
This past week I received a new calling in church. Now for those of you reading this that aren't members of my church, please feel free to ask me about anything you read here and don't quite get. I will be using terms that probably won't make a lot of sense, and I would love to explain them to you in more detail. So back to this calling... I got a call Wed night to meet with the Bishop later that night. I knew what it entailed becuase I didn't think I had done anything wrong:) But I also kinda wished he would have just called me. You see here, members have to be pretty dard committed to the church. I live 45 minutes away from our church building, so to be making extra trips each week is a little burdonsome and time consuming. But back to my story... So I went up there and saw another lady saying that I was probably going to be moving up with my Nursery kids to be teaching Sunbeams next year, becuase she, the current Sunbeam teacher, would be moving up with her kids to teach them next year. So i thought I knew what I would be doing.
Well we get in there and he says that they are reorganizing the YW, so I got excited! I have worked with the YW before, and I love it. But he continues on to call me to be the YW President. My mouth dropped open, my eyes got all bug-eyed and my heart sank to my stomache. Oh, and I started crying. Then I felt a little silly cause I thought I must have looked a littlelike Miss America when she wins, but I couldn't help it.
I am always willing to serve. I find great joy in serving, and I have always desired to serve as a President of an organization, I even thought it would be cool. But over the past few days I have grown leaps and bounds in my testimony. It has nothing to do with me. I am actually nobody, I am just a body to fill in so Heavenly Father can continue on with whatever he needs for these girls at this time. At first I was so scared about how it all worked with picking counselors and all. I felt, and still do a little, quite a bit inadequate. It is an overwhelming feeling, but also surreal. I am still trying to take it all in. I have never been the President of an organization, and haven't even been in a Presidency before(well I was in college, but I had someone to hold my hand the whole time then). It really has been quite a bit for me to digest and get through, but I have to tell you, Heavenly Father is real! I have felt His power in my life and my testimony in Him and how His church runs has strengthened to a level I have been striving for for a long time. I am so grateful for this opportunity I have to serve His beautiful daughters, His strong and faithful daughters. I am grateful that I have been forced to rely on my Father in Heaven in a way I never have before in my life. I know this will help me for the rest of my life.
Now I want to remind you all reading that this was simply for the sake of my kids. So they can read this later in life and see what it was like when mommy got this calling and all the things she felt and went through, and maybe it will help them in some way with their callings. Thanks for allowing me to share this with the rest of you.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Good Luck...you will be awesome and the Young Women in your ward will be so lucky to have you. What a wonderful chance to be able to learn and grow. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. They were very uplifting.

Anonymous said...

Cumorah,
I think that was a beautiful journal entry. I wish you the best of luck and great people to help you through your new calling and help to give you the support, discernment and wisdom you will need.

Anonymous said...

By the way, have you ever uploaded video on your blog? I am having a lot of trouble getting my to load all of the sudden, it just quits in the middle of the process.