Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My Testimony

I have quite a few of my friends who have gotten divorced over the years. I sit here and think it is shocking becuase I haven't been married that long, but I guess I am starting to get up there in years.
It is so hard for me every time I hear about someone else. My heart hurts so badly for the people and I want to take all their pain away. The most recent one I heard about really made me sad. I was praying for Heavenly Father to take their pain away and to make everything all right. I was praying to know what I could do for them. Then I had a profound realization. I tend to want to make things all better. I want my presence to keep others from hurting and from thinking about the trials they are going through. But what I realized this night as I prayed, was that there is nothing I can do to take away their pain and to keep them from going through this. They will still have dark times and lonely times. But what I can do is be there to help them bounce back. That is what we all can do. None of us can take trials and pain from each other, but we can all help us get from one day to the next. I know Heavenly Father is real. I know he listens and hears each one of our sincere prayers. He is listening to the one who is praying to take the pain away, while at the same time listening to me ask what I can do, and then giving me the realization I had. I can say today that I know if we do what we are supposed to do, that our joys will outweigh our sorrows by far. And when I am going through my next major trial, I hope to hear one of you say the same thing so you can help me get through it. That is what we are all here to do. To help each other make it from day to day.

No comments: