Monday, November 10, 2008

Simple Pleasures

Tonight Matthew and I went on a date. We like to take our kids on dates ideally once or twice a week, but realistically we haven't done that even in a month's time. But I told my boys last week they could each go on a date with me this week. They get to choose where we go and what we do. Matthew just wanted to go to the store and walk around and then he finally decided on a sling-shot air plane(99cents) and a horse ride outside the store(50cents). So all in all, our date cost a whopping $1.50, but the smile on his face was priceless! I really felt something swelling in my chest as I looked over at him and he was so happy just doing what he wanted to do and doing it with me. Gotta love those simple pleasures we get in life!

1 comment:

Liz said...

that's hilarious that we both titled our post the same. Great minds think alike! :) That's so sweet about Matthew. We need to do those one-on-one dates more often. The kids love that alone time.