Monday, November 10, 2008

1st Family Camping Trip

This past weekend we went camping for my birthday. This was the first time we have gone as a whole family. Sean has taken the boys before and they have camped many times in the backyard, but this was Grace's first time and our first time as a family. This was also my first time since I was 14 or 15.
I was happily suprised by how much I enjoyed it!! It was sooo nice to spend time with the kids without all their toys and the tv and the phone and the computer and the...
Now of course I forgot the camera, so I don't have any happy moments to post, but we will bring it next time. The only down side to going was that it got freezing cold that night and luckily we camped close to our house so that at 12:30am Sean could take a frozen Matthew adn Grace back home to sleep in their warm beds. We are fortunate to have weather that allows us to be able to camp basically all year. Right now the temps are still in the upper 70's and lower 80's during the day and in the 60's at night(except that one night we went and it got down to 41).

2 comments:

Yo... said...

YAY!!! for camping! I haven't been in WAY too long. I've always enjoyed it!
Heidi

The Barton Family said...

By the way Cumorah...Happy Birthday :)