Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Benjamen's Progress Report

I met with Benjamen's teacher today. They are having the parent/teacher conferences since we just reached the first 6 weeks. It is definately a little different being in Texas than in Utah. In Utah I volunteered once a week for the whole school year as well as help with parties and such, but here there isn't anything for parents to do to help.
But it was nice sitting there listen to the teacher tell me how much she loves having Benjamen in her class. He is getting 100's across the board, except in his penmanship(an 85). I am not too worried. That isn't an academic thing or anything, and I know lots of people who have survived this world with bad handwriting(like me.) Anyway, he is reading just at a graduating 2nd grade level(so I guess that means 3rd grade level?). Anyway, she is recommending him for the gifted and talented program which he will be tested for in a few weeks. That will be exciting if he gets into that and he can have some extra work to keep his little mind busy. We are proud of him and how much he tries and works hard in school!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Wow that is so wonderful. Way to go Benjamin. I hope all is well in Texas. It looks like you are all doing great!

Yo... said...

You go, Benjamen! Way to rock out. :)
Aunt Heidi