Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My brother is coming home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just found out today that my brother gets to come home from Iraq, and he will be staying home for good!!!!!! I am so happy and relieved. He messed up his shoulder pretty bad a couple of weeks ago and they sent him to Germany for testing and he found out today he will be sent stateside tomorrow so they can do surgery. When he is finished with that, his new assignment will be to help the soldiers who come back from Iraq tansition back to civilian life. Ohhhh, I am so happy. This is his 2nd tour over there, and he just had a baby 2 months ago, so this will be so nice for him and his family to be back together again!!!! I am so happy :)

6 comments:

Yo... said...

I remember the email over Christmas - your mom sent it to my mom, who forwarded it to me, and it scared me, cause all I saw was his name in the header and I thought... oh crap... but then it was "good" news! If being injured is good news - but I'd say it was way better than what I thought it was going to be, and I am SO glad he's coming home and that you don't have to worry about him anymore!
Heidi

Megan said...

Congrats-That is so awesome. I am so grateful for all those who sacririfce so much to serve our country. I am glad he is coming home safe.

Charly said...

Great news!

Liz said...

Yay! That is really great news.

Natalie said...

that is an amazing blessing! congrats!

Jed and Chelsea said...

Which brother is that, Cumorah? I didn't know you had any family out there. I think about families of soldiers so often, and I honestly can't comprehend what it would be like to have my brother over there. I'm so happy for him and for you guys that he's coming home safe and sound. Even though he has a messed up shoulder. :) Tell him thanks for serving his country!