Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Dream Has Come True


What an amazing day! How far this country has come! I don't care what your political views are, today was a day for all of us to remember and to be proud of. I like to judge whether the things I am doing or not are good by the things my children say or do. Tonight Benjamen prayed for our new President and his family. He also thanked Heavenly Father for the first brown man to be president. You cannot get more honest and true than a child. Benjamen does not care where a person is from. He does not care what color skin they may have. He doesn't even care what religious affiliation, if any, one may have. All he cares about is what he is hearing is good and nice. We hear a lot of ideals. We all have them, but I think when they are spoken of on a large scale, most of us tend to be cynical and shoot them down. I love how children rejoice in goodness and have hope for a brighter tomorrow. I wish we could all embrace that as easily as our kids do.
I also wanted to make mention of how gracious the Bush family seems to be. This is a great photo of how sincere I believe it to be. Just look at the girl's faces as the former President is speaking to them.

No comments: