Thursday, February 12, 2009

Flowers, and Flowers, and More Flowers...







My mom owns a flower shop here in our small town. She stays fairly busy throughout the year, but there are definate "peak" seasons, one being Valentine's Day. She ordered her flowers quite a while ago, and just picked them up this past weekend. I think my dad said something like 70 dozen roses, and like 40 dozen carnations, then all the baby's breath(white small flowers) and the greenery to go on top of that. My mom commented and said that is actually quite a small order for a flower shop, but she is a very small shop and not a huge chain like a lot of companies. Anyway, the first two pics are of the flowers crammed into one of her coolers, just the way she picked them up. Then the next two are what she creates with them. She is actually quite talented, and I am a bit sad that I did not obtain any of her creative genes when I was born.
***Disclaimer***Sean wanted me to show all these pics and tell you all that this is what he did for me for Valentine's Day:) He is such a joker.



No comments: